• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

write excel to pdf form

spena129

Hi All,

Another question. I have a standard PDF form and I am trying to use excel and macros to write the data in excel into the specific fields in PDF. I scoured the internet trying to find the best method (and free!), and it seems like writing the data to an FDF, then using it to fill the form is best. See article from Daniel (ExcelHero)- http://www.excelhero.com/blog/2010/04/excel-acrobat-pdf-form-filler.html

I just cannot seem to get it to work correctly. I have the PDF and the field names are unlocked. Is there anyone who has perfected this process?? Suggestions on where to find?

Thanks!

Send Daniel an email if he doesn't notice this

He has lots of experience in that area

or

Add a comment to his post

When you say it doesn't work, can you give details?

HI Hui,

I simply wanted to see his example in action (and see how long it took to perform the task), so I saved and opened his workbook and ran the macro. After several minutes of waiting for "Windows to configure Acrobat 9", it prompts me to restart my system for the configuration to take effect. I guess I am an idiot, because all I wanted is to see the data filled into the fields on the form. Thoughts?

I will also see if I can get an answer from Daniel himself.

Thanks

I went ahead and restarted and it works! Not sure what happened initially, but I am going to try and configure the code for my form.

Thanks!

Hi, Steve!

I'm glad you got it working. I'd love to hear more and what you think of my technique to fill the form?

Regards,

Daniel Ferry

Excel Hero Academy

Daniel,

I am still working on converting it for my use. I am a beginner with VBA, so I am probably not the best at judging technique (yet). I am trying to learn as I go, so it has been slow. I am very hopeful that it will be great.

Luckily, the form (Also governmental; SF425) was unlocked. Problem is, the boxes were named poorly, so I am renaming them for easier use in VBA. You mentioned in your post that module 2 is an old routine for pulling the field names and types from the form, but I am not sure how to use that on the PDF I am trying to fill?

Would it be possible to send you what I am working with and ask for your opinion on how to improve?

Thanks

Back