• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vloopup Error

ismailzkhan

Hi Techies,

Please check file uploaded. In sheet: SOURCE I need vlookup function in B:B (=VLOOKUP(A6,Jenn!A:B,2,FALSE) but error coming as #N/A.

Please help and please explain why this error is coming.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
I Khan

Attachments

• New Microsoft Excel Worksheet (1).xls
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
Is there any matching entry?

However cell formatting does seem to be an issue. Group on Source sheet is number and Jenn sheet is text. You need to match it or you can change formula bit like below:

=VLOOKUP(A6&"",Jenn!A:B,2,FALSE)

Hi Khan ,

Can you explain what you wish to do ?

The VLOOKUP formula is returning a #N/A error because it is not able to find the looked for CELL_ID ( 404135000215663 ) in the list of IDs in column A on the sheet tab Jenn.

Narayan

Is there any matching entry?

However cell formatting does seem to be an issue. Group on Source sheet is number and Jenn sheet is text. You need to match it or you can change formula bit like below:

=VLOOKUP(A6&"",Jenn!A:B,2,FALSE)

Hi Shri,

Problem is formatting difference as you mentioned. Your formula =VLOOKUP(A6&"",Jenn!A:B,2,FALSE) works very fine. I did this in other way as Select Jenn!A:A then Menu Data - Text to Columns- Finished. Apply normal Vlookup in SOURCE!B:2. And works too.

Thanks & Regards,
I Khan

Back