• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Syntax error in a simple ISBLANK DAX measure

jutu

Hi. The below DAX gives me the error:
'The syntax for ')' is incorrect. (DAX(IF(ALL('Semantic DimSource'[LocationCode_B]<))' if you can help please.

To me it's a simple dax so that if SourceLocationCodeB is blank it would give me SourceLocationCodeZ, otherwise give me MeterLocationCodeB and can't see a syntax error there;
Status.Stacked = IF(ISBLANK(ALL('Semantic DimSource'[LocationCode_B],'Semantic DimSource'[LocationCode_Z],'Semantic DimMeter'[MeterLocationCode_B]))

You have 3 opening brackets but only 2 closing ones, and I can't see why you have ALL in there at all (pun intended)

Hi Debaser. I know the ALL function is used for returning all values in a table, but when working with bigger datasets I realized that unless I put the All function the relevant tables/fields parameters don't come up. May be because different levels of groupings? Not sure. I don't think it affects the DAX measure, I think. The 3 brackets I did realise that but still not working. I will find a
way around it but this specific measure is not working. Thank you for your time Debaser.

It's hard to be sure, but that doesn't look like a calculation that should be a measure; it looks like it should be a calculated column.

Back