• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Summary Sheet - losing connection

Sav18

Hi, I am creating a template with a summary sheet I'd like to run as follows but having some issues; Team populates the department example tabs with room scheduling info. This creates totals I want to pull into the summary sheet automatically. Trouble is rows/room types are added/removed out of my control and it errors as can no longer find that row.

In the summary tab, team should populate deptnames matching the tabs. The dept names are not known until the project is started. So, column C should reference column B (same row), find the appropriate deptexample sheet, find the 'Net functional area' reference (highlighted in dept tabs), and return the figure next to it. I've tried various combos of vlookup, Match, indirect, and index but can't seem to crack it - any assistance greatly appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• Template.xlsx
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
try in row 3:
Code:
=INDIRECT("'" & B3 & "'!F" & MATCH("Net Functional Area",INDIRECT("'" & B3 & "'!$E$1:$E$10000"),0))
and copy down.

try in row 3:
Code:
=INDIRECT("'" & B3 & "'!F" & MATCH("Net Functional Area",INDIRECT("'" & B3 & "'!$E$1:$E$10000"),0))
and copy down.
Hi p45cal. Thank you, it worked a treat for the trimmed ss I sent through but when applying the same formula to different cells on the master sheet, it's no longer finding the number. Have checked for circular references, errors, cell format etc. etc. and no joy. Any advice please?

Attachments

• Template - Rev2.xlsx
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi p45cal. Thank you, it worked a treat for the trimmed ss I sent through but when applying the same formula to different cells on the master sheet, it's no longer finding the number. Have checked for circular references, errors, cell format etc. etc. and no joy. Any advice please?
Hi, cracked it with p45cal's help thank you. I had some repeating text that caused the error.

Back