• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Select Date From date- picker Calendar using VBA

DSP Varma

I have a specific requirement where I need to dynamically select a date from a website that utilizes a disabled date-picker, and I'm looking to accomplish this using VBA. Unfortunately, I don't have Java, Selenium, or Chrome driver installed on my system, which seems to be the common approach seen in many tutorials.

While browsing through various resources, I came across a video that perfectly demonstrates what I need, but it relies on Selenium and Chrome driver.

I'm wondering if there's a way to achieve this task solely using VBA in the Chrome browser. To clarify, I wish to select a date such as 22-02-2024 (which would be today minus 30 days) without the use of external tools. Any insights or guidance on accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
No with Chrome, only with Internet Explorer if the website works under it …​
If can't work under IE then you have to install CDP Framework rather than Selenium​
in order to pilot Firefox, Edge or sadly Chrome and if only you have the necessary VBA coding skills.​

Thanks for your reply. If the above task can be achieved with Internet Explorer, it is fine for me. I just need the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you test at least ?!​
As a reminder there is no 'standard' code as it depends on the webpage itself​
so a study must be first achieved according to the webpage in order to give it a try​
like you can see in forum threads piloting IE …​

Back