• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Initial No of Products

Dhanraj27

Hi Team,

I have customer and product data based on the year of purchase. I would like to know, When the customer purchased product for 1st time(Based on order year), did he buy one product or more than one product.. This is for further analysis of my project.

Intial Purchase.png

Attachments

• Intial No of ProductsV1.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 3

Dhanraj27

eg Customer's 1 the 1st .. purchase(?) .. year (Booked Date?) is 2017
Customer .. buy (?).. two different products - TV & Mixer - both two (Count No of Products).
What would be Your expected results?

Dhanraj27

eg Customer's 1 the 1st .. purchase(?) .. year (Booked Date?) is 2017
Customer .. buy (?).. two different products - TV & Mixer - both two (Count No of Products).
What would be Your expected results?
Thanks for your reply, the "Count no of products column" is the expected results. I want to get this result based on Formula. The customer ID could be anywhere in the list, Since the criteria is Customer, Year, and Product sorting doesn't help. So I need a formula.

Dhanraj27

Did You write:
I would like to know,
#1 When the customer purchased product for 1st time(Based on order year),
#2 did he buy one product or more than one product..
... and then You wrote (above) the "Count no of products column" is the expected results.
Did I mess something?
if so ... then eg ... how cell F3 can be ... 2? ... isn't there ... one TV (cell C4)?

...hmm?
You have asked those two questions ...
#1 When the customer purchased product for 1st time(Based on order year),
#2 did he buy one product or more than one product..
Why did You ask those questions?
Now, Your latest snapshot has still ten rows data and sum of Count No of Products is 14.

Can we start again. I didn't understand the question. Can you please help me as per the screen shot. I will answer if you have any questions as per the screen shot... Thanks @vletm

Okay ... per the screen shot.
In the beginning
You've asked two questions ( #1 post )
#1 When the customer purchased product for 1st time(Based on order year
#2 Did he buy one product or more than one product
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.33.40.png

How and where those answers to Your questions are in Your previous snapshot (below)?
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.37.58.png

He bought more than one product. So basically (Initial count of products) I want unique count of product based on two criteria.... one is customer ID and another is Minimum Date against customer ID, which I have created as a helper column, using these two. I need unique count of products.

Last edited:
...hmm?
# Who 'he'?
... there are two different Customer ID. Are those same 'he'?
# Where can see answer to When-question?
... Your expected ... results are 1,2 or 3.
# Where can see answer to Did-question?
... none of those Your expected are 'one product' or 'more than one product'.

It could be possible to get someway those Your given expected results, but ... You've asked something different.

Sorry, I made a mistake again in the screenshot. Please refer new screen shot.... Customer ID is unique column, it can appear in any row... If we take the example of Customer ID -1, he has an initial purchase of 2 products based on Minimum Date which are in 1/1/2021, and over all has 3 unique products. This is what I would like to achieve through the formula for all the rows, 1st Purchase Product.xlsb.png

Attachments

• 1st Purchase Product Count.xlsb
    9.1 KB · Views: 2

Dhanraj27

You wrote something like below:
Can you please help me as per the screen shot. I will answer if you have any questions as per the screen shot...
I've tried to ask many times, but ...

Back