• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I want to solve the problem as soon as possible, time is running out.

MayaScott

Recently, I encountered a problem at work, which I have been thinking about to this day. I worked on excel calculations and did not have time with the schedule, which forced me to send my work to the carrier to prepare everything on time at home .. It's time, I finished all the work and brought a flash drive with work in the office. But one of my stupid colleagues, far from technology, began to edit an important document directly on the flash drive and, of course, spoiled it. The set of data that I edited was scrapped from the document. Is it possible to somehow get the data back?

Hi there,

You can re-get file from m where when it copied on flash drive.
Just arrange for get file from someone there.

Regards,

Chirag Raval

A corrupt excel spreadsheet can be repaired by using Open and Repair technique. It is a built-in repair function that opens a corrupt excel file forcefully.
*Open MS Excel > press Ctrl+O > locate corrupt excel spreadsheet and select it.
*Click on the arrow shown beside Open button > select Open and Repair.
It will take just a few seconds to be completed and selected file will be opened, if possible.

In case guide on above can't assist repair xls you may from Google results...

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-153a45f4-6cab-44b1-93ca-801ddcd4ea53
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-recover-a-corrupted-excel-workbook/

A corrupt excel spreadsheet can be repaired by using Open and Repair technique. It is a built-in repair function that opens a corrupt excel file forcefully.
1. Open MS Excel > press Ctrl+O > locate corrupt excel spreadsheet and select it.
2. Click on the arrow shown beside Open button > select Open and Repair.
It will take just a few seconds to be completed and selected file will be opened, if possible.

Or if you don't know where to find how to repair xls file corrupted take a look at

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-7abfc44d-e9bf-4896-8899-bd10ef4d61ab

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-recover-a-corrupted-excel-workbook/

A corrupt excel spreadsheet can be repaired by using Open and Repair technique or excel fix tool

It is a built-in repair function that opens a corrupt excel file forcefully.
1. Open MS Excel > press Ctrl+O > locate corrupt excel spreadsheet and select it.
2. Click on the arrow shown beside Open button > select Open and Repair.

It will take just a few seconds to be completed and selected file will be opened, if possible

Meanwhile working with my excel workbook I have recently encountered with “The File Is Corrupted And Cannot Be Opened Excel” Error.
To fix this error code i have tried Excel file extension changing method and it worked.
So you can also try this below fix to resolve excel file issue.
  • Open File Explorer.
  • Go to the View Tab.
  • Tick File name extensions under Show/Hide.
  • Go to the folder where you Excel file is stored.
  • Right-click on the Excel File.
  • Select Rename.
  • Rename ". XLSX" to ". XLS".
  • Click Enter once done.

Open and repair option doesn't work in every case. If your file is severely corrupted then, you can take the help of Microsoft support or try Excel repair software.

Recently, I encountered a problem at work, which I have been thinking about to this day. I worked on excel calculations and did not have time with the schedule, which forced me to send my work to the carrier to prepare everything on time at home .. It's time, I finished all the work and brought a flash drive with work in the office. But one of my stupid colleagues, far from technology, began to edit an important document directly on the flash drive and, of course, spoiled it. The set of data that I edited was scrapped from the document. Is it possible to somehow get the data back?
When working with Excel spreadsheets, most people are either short on time or have a deadline to meet.
Now, let’s have a look at some of the methods that you can use to fix the issue with Excel files:
Method 1: Use MS Office Repair Option
It’s an inbuilt MS office Repair option. Follow these simple steps to recover the spreadsheets.
  1. Open Excel and click on File>> Open.
  2. Go to the folder where the damaged file is located and select it.
  3. Select the arrow beside the Open button and choose Open and Repair.
  4. Choose Repair for the maximum data recovery.
  5. If it fails, choose the Extract Data option. Excel data should get retrieved.
Method 2: Recover Data from Temp Files
If you have the auto-recovery option enabled, you can get back the data from the temp files. By enabling this option it’s easy to recover damaged excel files.
  1. Go to the temp file location on your system:
  2. Find out the temporary Excel file that ends with ‘.tmp’ and start with ‘$' or ‘~’.
  3. Copy and paste the file to another folder and change the extension to XLSX.
I hope you find these solution reliable and effective. I think you will recover Excel files with the help of given methods.
Best Regards,

Cheryl

Back