• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to visualize how a market has changed between two points of time

jamesh32

Hello,
I want to visualize what a market looked like at two points in time, showing how subsections of the market has changed between the two time periods. The chart I've attached shows this but I think having 2022 and 2023 supply as separate bars means a lot wasted ink (double counting). We could simply label the new growth section with the constituent parts but that seems messy/ inefficient. Showing the extent of the growth in the context of the existing market is important so just visualizing the areas of growth doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions/ feedback?

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    32 KB · Views: 6
Hello Jamesh

I have little knowledge, but wanted to give a try suggesting you.

You can Consider using a stacked bar chart to show market sizes in 2022 and 2023. Each bar represents total market size, and segments within the bars represent subsections. Highlight the growth segment with a distinct color to efficiently visualize changes without redundancy.

Though I guess you work in PowerBI, I made this in Excel as potential alternative.
1703770226813.png

Attachments

• Chart alternative.xlsx
    16.6 KB · Views: 1
Back