• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula required to count b/w the months either using index or match formula

Look at the attached and see if you can go forward from there. Not sure what exactly your results should look like as your input and output fields do not match up and my crystal ball is out for repairs.

Attachments

• Formula Required.xlsx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi I updated the result required in output by applying sum formula. I need it in dynamic way based on the selection of Month and selection of designation. Hope I explained the question correctly?.

Attachments

• Formula Required-.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Look at the attached and see if you can go forward from there. Not sure what exactly your results should look like as your input and output fields do not match up and my crystal ball is out for repairs.
Hi can you please let me know how you shown the details in column?

Used Power Query. Here is the Mcode that is in the workbook

Code:
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    #"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(Source),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Transposed Table",{{"Column1", type date}}),
    #"Transposed Table1" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type"),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Transposed Table1",null,"a",Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Column1"}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value", "Custom", each if Text.Length([Column1])>3 then [Column1] else null),
    #"Filled Down" = Table.FillDown(#"Added Custom",{"Custom"}),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Filled Down",{"Custom", "Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15", "Column16", "Column17", "Column18", "Column19", "Column20", "Column21", "Column22", "Column23", "Column24", "Column25", "Column26", "Column27", "Column28", "Column29", "Column30", "Column31", "Column32", "Column33", "Column34", "Column35", "Column36", "Column37", "Column38", "Column39", "Column40"}),
    #"Replaced Value1" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Reordered Columns","a",null,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Column1"}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Replaced Value1", each ([Column2] <> null)),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Filtered Rows", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Promoted Headers", {"Column1", "Column2"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", {"Column1", "Column2", "Attribute"}, {{"Totals", each List.Sum([Value]), type number}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

Back