• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embedding the Hyperlink( ) within a string of text

On the first tab in C5 I have some text and I'm trying to use the hyperlink function to hyperlink the words Project Long Name. This involves concatenating text with the hyperlink function, then concatenating the remaining text. When the user clicks Project Long Name, the user would be taken to the tab called Project Long Name.

Cell C10 shows what C5 would appear like if I can get this to work.

Is this even possible?

Attachments

• Changoo.org - Hyperlink Function.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 6
Something like this?
Hyperlink in C10

Attachments

• Changoo.org - Hyperlink Function.xlsx
    16.2 KB · Views: 13
I don't understand the question anymore
When the user clicks Project Long Name, the user would be taken to the tab called Project Long Name.
that's what happens when you click in the cell.
I was trying to hyperlink the words "Project Long Name" instead of the entire sentence.
Why, you can't have 2 ore more hypelinks in one cell.
What do you want to accomplish

On the first tab in C5 I have some text and I'm trying to use the hyperlink function to hyperlink the words Project Long Name. This involves concatenating text with the hyperlink function, then concatenating the remaining text. When the user clicks Project Long Name, the user would be taken to the tab called Project Long Name.

Cell C10 shows what C5 would appear like if I can get this to work.

Is this even possible?
You can't do that. The hyperlink is the entire cell, not part of the text. And in the end, as mentioned in #4 by @Belleke, why does it really matter?

Back