• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Emails undelivered when created by macro for some users

ThrottleWorks

Excel Ninja
Hi,

This is an existing macro. I have not developed this macro.
This macro created email drafts and save it in draft folder
Drafts are saved in group mailbox, multiple people have access to this group mailbox
If am the user, I run the macro, macro creates drafts, I send them manually, no issue till here
Am the user, I run the macro, drafts are save, another user at his system, tries to send draft manually
In this case, email is undelivered, gets an email as failed delivery

I am not able to understand the reason behind this issue.
Same emails are sent successfully from the system where the drafts were created.
However, if another person tries to send these emails from his system, these email are failed.
What should I check here. Can anyone please help me in this.

Hi,
One important update from my side. It is possible that macro was not tested from sending emails with different users.
What I meant is, person A creates email, saves in draft, person B from his system tries to send email.
This was never tested before, when it was tested, it was found that it is not working.
Sorry for the churn out, am getting little and contradictory information myself.

My doubt here is.
Person A runs the macro.
Macro creates emails.
Macro saves emails in draft folder of group mailbox.
Person B from his system, access the drafts.
Tries to send the draft from his system which are saved by person A.
Is it possible?

I am not aware if it is possible. I have not worked on such kind of macro before hence seeking experts help.
If it is not possible or allowed then I can simply conclude that there is no issue, it is just a policy.
Have a nice weekend. :)

Back