• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Castading drop-down list - error in data validation

parsifal1

Hello,

I have found very useful castading drop-down list manual: http://chandoo.org/wp/2014/02/13/dynamic-cascading-dropdowns-that-reset/#comment-1138364

I have tried to make my own but when I want to put the =SubList in data validation it will show error message like "The list source must be a delimited list, or a reference to single......".

I downloaded the sample and delete the data validation function from the subcategories columns and tried to set it beck by putting "=SubList" in data validation function for subcategories columns. It has not worked and there is the same error message like "The list source must be a delimited list, or a reference to single......" . What am I doing wrong cause I have not changed anything in Name Manager or so?

I have tried also make my own dropdown list and take special care about the SubList formula to set it right as you wrote before and then set up the data validation for subcategories but there is still same error message.

I attached the sample. I am not able to set up the SubList in table "Tabuľka11" but in origin table "DataEntryTable" works everything OK. Also whew I delete the SubList in table "DataEntryTable" and want it to set it beck there is the same error message.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• Sample.xlsm
    26.1 KB · Views: 9
No idea...it works just fine for me when I try it. So possibly it is to do with regional settings or something.

Here's a screenshot showing that the DV dialog box quite happily accepts the name, when I have G8 selected:
DV.PNG

... and then another image showing it works just fine when I use it:
DV2.PNG

What version number and language version of Excel are you using? And is this on PC or Mac?

Hi,

Thank you that you have checked my threat. I have tried different version of Excel and there everything works. Thanks again for your effort.

Back