• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculating 6 months rolling

kay

I need help in calculating 6 months rolling for tow sets of data:

I have a three year data that shows (1) The conversation rate of a student to a program and (2) The study fees. These two informations are by month.

I want to calculate 6 months rolling forward and plot this into a chart.

How can I do this per year and for the whole 3 years?

The whole idea is to find a correlation between data in B5 and B6

I will really appreciate your assistance.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1944665900/pricing_analysis.xls

Hi Kay,

I don't understand 100% what you want when you say correlation between B5 and B6.

B5 is a blank cell and B6 is a text cell "INTAKE". Could you please kindly clarify exactly what I am reading on your file? Thank you very much.

Also, from a practical view point. Fee/study point would affect not current enrollment but a time lagged enrollment. Right? So the question is what is the time lagged correlation would it make sense? Can you define that and it'd be easier to figure out.

Hi Kay,

It appears as the same data set that we worked earlier. Is it a different one? Rolling or moving average is same dear there is no difference in between them by the way if you try with shorter periods of 3-4 months you might find a correlation but that will show a shorter trend and hence will have shorter accuracy of forecast there exists almost none for longer time period.

Got your email as well in my box so let me rework it, it is the same data set BTW. :)

Regards,

Faseeh

Kay

A few points

by B% I assume you mean B5

But all the cells in Column B are all text and have no values

Also you only have 27 months of Data and considering that to get a six Month Moving Average (MMA) you can't start until the sixth month you will only have 21 months of data available

I would add an area below your data, add some titles and then formulas to calculate the 6MMA

You can then chart that area directly

Have a look at : https://rapidshare.com/files/770866960/pricing_analysis_Hui.xls

Back