• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hide Blank series in a chart

tmaskhulia

Hello,

I need your help, I'm making drop-down lists on charts, so when I choose ALL in the list the chart shows information about 4 regions and the series' names are: Americas, EMEA,....

When I want to choose only one region in a list for instance Americas I could manage to hide the name of series but the colors and lines for it still remains, So my question is do you know any way to completely hide blank series and if I choose one region only I want to hide other region colors and series, so I could have only Americas.

Thank you

Take a look and see if that helps you at all. There are two ways that I can see go about accomplishing, what I think you want

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qosk0anzrcfsc48/hide%20Chart.xlsm

Thank you Nick M

That's really good solution, but I wasn't much clear, If I have had only regions it's perfect, but I also have Names of Sales people on the second list and they are too much to put in macro and also to make such a big option box. I'm using drop-down lists.

Any other Idea? :)

Luke M,

I don't exactly get where should I put this formula, does it delete extra series?

Nick M,

your approach was really helpful, I solved already using your method of 2 charts

thank you I was thinking about it for 2 days :)

Glad it helps. About 90% of what I learned, I learned from here

regarding the formula from luke, basically it comes down to that if a cell has #N/A excel will just ingore it. So could use the NA() function in other forumals

Back