• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Working with Excel and Win7 XP mode

jperez

Do I have to install Excel twice on the same machine with Win7? (First on normal mmode, the second on the virtual machine for XP mode.

I have a program that had to be installed in XP Mode under the virtual machine, and whenever it cannot open up things on Excel. I had to install Openoffice on the virtual machine to "save" the file and then open it up with Excel outside the virtual machine. It seems to me kind of unnatural and I do not think it is the way Microsoft intended things to work out....

How do I solve this? I do not think I should need two excels (and two licenses) to work on one machine

JP

What version of Excel are you using? I am on Windows 7, 64bit, and have run Excel 2007 previously on my machine and now I am on Excel 2010.

You likely have some system issue with your machine going on which is preventing Excel from working properly.

Are others in your company/environment having the same issue? Or is this issue with your home home computer?

Back