• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

SUM

niting

Hie forum,

I have a sheet wid vendors name and excise duty @ 10.3% against dere name. I have andr sheet wid document no. as one col and the ED broken down into its constituen part, i.e. 10, 2 and 1%.

Since there is no common data linking the sheets, I was thinking of trying to sum the second sheet as per its document numbers and then use count if to reconcile the ED. Is there a sum function which I can use to sum the constituent of ED against different document number in the sheet. the data is sumthin like dis-:

DOC No. AMNT

121 100

121 2

121 1

151 200

151 4

151 2

Since, there are lot of doc numbers in the sheet, could you please help me with an efficeint way to acheive the result???

Thanks

Nitin

For the SUM of 121 in your example, are you wanting an answer of 103, or 3?

Former:

=SUMIF(A:A,121)

Latter:

=SUMIF(A:A,121)-LOOKUP(121,A:B)

Luke,

I have some hundreds of the document numbers and what I am looking for is , if there is a way I can sum all the different documents without having to manually or piecemeal summing them using filters.

Thanks

Nitin

Assuming the answer to my earlier question is 103, the fastest way would be to select columns A:B, and then build a PivotTable with Documents in the Row Area, and put a Sum of AMNT in the Data area.

Back