• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Protecting Transactions Sheet

Tech56

Hi,

How can the Transactions sheet have protection for all cells but B3, E6:F15, and A to J starting in row 29 and continue down ? These are the only cells that will have entries. All other cells need to be protected and not edited.

Attachments

• Money Manager 12.16.xlsm
    166.6 KB · Views: 1
HELLO,You can to Use This Code in Transactions Page 'Code
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim Rng1            As Range  '
     Set Rng1 = Range("A1:A28,B1:C2,B4:E5,C1:F4,B4:D28,E16:F28,G1:J28,K1:XFD1048576")
     If Intersect(Target, Rng1) Is Nothing Then
  sw = 1
     Else
   Range("B3").Select

End If
End Sub

Attachments

• Money Manager 12.16.xlsm
    166.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for the code herofox.

I was able to make it work with this method. I called the codes to run within the show / hide buttons as well as protecting the table.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Money Manager 20.1.xlsm
    287.5 KB · Views: 3
That's the idea. The protected cells contain formulas. The unprotected cells are the ones the user will input data.

I am not sure how next month's Recurring Transactions macro is going to work though. I guess I will find out.

Thanks herofox

Hi can you take a look again? I made some transactions for August in rows 29 to 46. I clicked the 'Add This Month's Recurring Transactions' to add September's recurring. It pasted to the bottom instead of starting in row 47. Can the code be modified to find the next blank row instead?

Thank you

Back