• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

in VBA for VLookup formula, .range & .cell & : in between range row & column, it gives compile error sub / function not defined

dilippshah10

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

CoName.Value = (Sheet1.Range("B1"))
CoAddress.Value = (Sheet1.Range("I12"))
CoGSTIN.Value = (Sheet1.Range("I15"))

ColumnN.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value

ColumnG.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -5).Value
ColumnC.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -9).Value
'ColumnI.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3).Value
TextBox1.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3).Value
'On Error Resume Next
'TextBox7.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(ColumnN.Value, ("ARPartiesList"R5C2:R264C22), 15, False)

TextBox7.Value = Index((Sheet35.Range("P5:p15")), Match(ColumnN.Value, (Sheet35.Range("B5:B15")), 0))

'=INDEX($A$2:$A$14, MATCH(1799, $C$2:$C$14, 0))
'TextBox7.Value = IIf(VLookup(ColumnN.Value, ("ARPartiesList"!("B5:B264")), 1, True) = ColumnN.Value, VLookup(ColumnN.Value, (Sheet35.Range("B5:V264")), 13, True), NA())

Attachments

• CompileError.gif
    CompileError.gif
    173.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Thanks to edit your post and use the appropriate code tags via this icon :

1567607730895-png.62535

• As your picture does not show the obviously necessary in order to help you, just attach your workbook …

Code:
TextBox7.Value = Index((Sheet35.Range("P5:P15")), Match(ColumnN.Value, (Sheet35.Range("B5:B15")), 0))

I assume issue is with this line. Index or Match isn't VBA function and need to be qualified as something like below...
Code:
TextBox7.Value = Application.Index((Sheet35.Range("P5:P15")), Application.Match(ColumnN.Value, (Sheet35.Range("B5:B15")), 0))

Alternately, you can use Application.WorksheetFunction or use other approach (such as use of Evaluate).

Never use WorksheetFunction but just Application in particular when the result can be an error like with MATCH …​
Just test the result with IsError or IsNumeric functions.​

Back