• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Ifs formula for Item popularity & profitability

Leonor

Hello, please help about the IFs formula. I'm not able to get the result i need.
I have 3 columns, Menu item, profit category & Popularity Category. I need to do the table below

Not ProfitableProfitable
PopularHeinekenGls-S.Blanc Noblesse
Gls-Chardonnay, Aldridge
UnpopularGls-OImecaGuinness

But my formula doesn't work.
Attached is the file I used.
Please help.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Profitable and Popular Menu.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
Try this!

Code:
=IF(AND(B2="Not Profitable", C2="Popular"), "Heineken", IF(AND(B2="Profitable", C2="Popular"), "Gls-S.Blanc Noblesse", IF(AND(B2="Profitable", C2="Unpopular"), "Gls-Chardonnay, Aldridge", IF(AND(B2="Not Profitable", C2="Unpopular"), "Gls-OImeca", "Guinness"))))

Thn
Try this!

Code:
=IF(AND(B2="Not Profitable", C2="Popular"), "Heineken", IF(AND(B2="Profitable", C2="Popular"), "Gls-S.Blanc Noblesse", IF(AND(B2="Profitable", C2="Unpopular"), "Gls-Chardonnay, Aldridge", IF(AND(B2="Not Profitable", C2="Unpopular"), "Gls-OImeca", "Guinness"))))[/COD
[/QUOTE]

Hello Leo

Yes, if you have more than 100 items, writing out each one individually in the formula would be cumbersome.

One way to handle this is by creating a lookup table where you define the combinations of B and C values and their corresponding outputs.

Then, you can use a lookup function like VLOOKUP or INDEX-MATCH within your formula to retrieve the correct output based on the values in B2 and C2.

This approach makes it easier to manage a large number of items without having to write them all out in the formula.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Back