• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to find a specific word in another cell that contains same word

Atul Rajratna

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I'm posting here after long time.
I'm stuck in a situation wherein I couldn't find the related thread.

I have two long lists of company names (around 15k to 20k each) and I have a task to match it with each other. :rolleyes:

If we see below table, though the company from list 1 is available in list 2, its very difficult to track it through VLookup, as the list 2 company names contains another words too.

Even there are few cases wherein, the names may vary and may appear twice or thrice in the same list.

e.g.- the company Tabcorp from list 1 may again come in the same list but in quite different format, like first it will appear as Tabcorp, then The Tabcorp Group, and then The Tabcorp Pvt ltd.
Now we need find out these company names in list 2- wherein the name may be The Tabcorp, or Tabcorp Private Limited, or The Tabcorp Inc.
I have separated such cases using "/" in below table.

Company List 1
Company List 2
Tabcorp​
Tabcorp Holdings Limited​
The Blue Star Group​
BLUE STAR LIMITED | BLUE STAR LTD. / Blue Star Group Australia Pty Limited​
Spark New Zealand​
Spark New Zealand Trading – MSP / The Spark New Zealand Trading / SPARKE HELMORE LAWYERS​
ACE Pvt Ltd​
ACE INA Overseas Insurance / ACE GLASS CONTAINERS LTD / Ace Infoway Private Ltd / Ace Televoice & Services Private Limited​
Western Union​
WESTERN UNION SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED / The Western Union Group​
The Leading Edge NZ​
LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY & CONSULTANTS PRIVATE LIMITED​
Department of Corrections​
Department of Corrections NZ​
RAA​
The RAA Insurance Holdings Limited​

Would request your kind support on this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back