• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to disable smilie text interpretation?

joeu2004

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered previously.

When I try to write a range of the form P1: P2 without the space, the forum editor interprets it as a smiley, to wit: P1:p2.

And there might be other text interpretations that alter my intended text undesirably.

How can I avoid the unintended interpretation of "magic" character sequences?

joeu2004
You could use Inline code with Your formula.
Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.48.16.png

Ps You opened this thread in About Excel Challenges
Post an Excel related Challenge for others to Solve (You must have a solution) Don't post questions here!

This thread has moved to other Forum.

Ps You opened this thread in About Excel Challenges
Post an Excel related Challenge for others to Solve (You must have a solution) Don't post questions here!

Thanks. I intended to post to the Lounge forum. I don't know how I "misplaced" it. But accidents happen. They don't require a pedantic comment.

joeu2004
You could use Inline code with Your formula.

That does not satisfy my needs. For example, I wrote a sentence (not a formula) of the form "The formula in P2: P15 blah blah blah".

I want to write that without the space.

In some forums, I would surround that text with "bracket noparse bracket" before and "bracket /noparse bracket" after. That did not work.

I also tried "bracket lit bracket", which I found with google search. Again, that did not work.

I thought there was some BBcode-ism for saying "do not interpret the text". Maybe I'm wrong.

In some forums, I would surround that text with "bracket noparse bracket" before and "bracket /noparse bracket" after. That did not work.

I also tried "bracket lit bracket", which I found with google search. Again, that did not work.

I thought there was some BBcode-ism for saying "do not interpret the text". Maybe I'm wrong.

You can use the plain tag:

[plain]The formula in P1:P2 blah blah blah[/plain]

which shows as:

The formula in P1:P2 blah blah blah

Ah, yes: "plain". I learned that some time ago, but lost the information. Thanks so-o much.

Is there a way to mark the thread as "answered"?

joeu2004
#About Your That does not satisfy my needs. ... I want to write that without the space.
This way >> "The formula in P2:P15 blah blah blah"
# "answered" ... do You mean something like
There could add text [ SOLVED ] in the end of threads title.

# "answered" ... do You mean something like There could add text [ SOLVED ] in the end of threads title.

Some forums have something that we click to indicate that a question has been "answered" or "solved".

If you are suggesting that I edit the title to add "[SOLVED]", that would be fine.

But how do I edit the title?

You opened this thread in About Excel Challenges Post an Excel related Challenge for others to Solve (You must have a solution) Don't post questions here!

As I explained, the posting of this question to "Excel Challenges" was a mistake.

You moved it to Lounge.

But when I click Forum > Lounge, I find the following explanation near the top:

``The Lounge
Get to know each other, discuss anything excel and have fun
Please don't post "How Do I ..." questions here, Use the other specific Forums``

So, where should have I posted this how-to question about the forum, not a product (e.g. Excel)?

This thread seems to have many questions or so.

# For me, if that a question has been "answered" ... any writings are like answered - no matter has answer solved something.

# But how do I edit the title?
... by using Edit thread - option
... ... if it's enable for You ... otherwise ask to mark it.
Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 19.38.32.png
# How to disable smilie text interpretation? isn't it different than "How Do I ..."
everyone ... I ( You )

# If You've more things to write, please open a new Conversations.
This thread should focus with How to disable smilie text interpretation?

It's nice to know that someone has read Forum Rules.

Back