• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hierarchy levels order

jutu

Hi. I had this query in another post threat but I reckon it's actually a different post threat sorry if that's the case. Attached is the current date hierarchy levels order.

Basically, the level hierarchy doesn't appear correctly in the visual graph when I drill it up/down. I have tried to concatenate the X dates visual graphs but no joy and only year/month/QRT/dates appear individually, not concatenated.

I believe it's because of the hierarchy order but the point is that I would like to change the order of the hierarchy but it seems this option changed around 2021 and you couldn't drag it anymore Before I was able to change the hierarchy levels order by dragging them up and down. I googled it and the option of dragging the hierarchy levels up and down changed around 2021 and advises to go to the view model instead to drag the hierarchy up and down in there but no joy there either so my guess is that it's changed again since then?

Is there a way to change the hierarchy levels order? It may be not quite working in my visual for one reason or another and maybe it's just a matter of dragging up/down in the end not sure. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Date hierarchy levels current order.docx
    58.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello Jutu

As per my understanding you're dealing with a change in hierarchy order options in your visual graphs.

If dragging doesn't work, check if there's an option to reorder hierarchy levels in the settings or view model. If you're still having trouble, consider consulting the latest documentation or specific visualization tool, as updates might have introduced new methods for adjusting hierarchy order.

Let me know

Hi. It is in the model view which is the only way since 2021, but it being a hierarchy wasn't quite clicking on it and couldn't see it.

Back