• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help: How to auto populate URL based on cell/text

schoolandyx

Please help: I have over 50,000 rows and I need a URL based on the Facility Name (top 1-3 URL on google search or IE would be perfect). Hoping to automate this process

Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 8
And where do you want your program to get the URL for each row? If you mean you want the program to search the web for each address and try to come up with the corresponding URL—if the folks at that address even have a web site—then in my opinion you can't get there from here.

Or let me back up: If you have a database somewhere, on the web or elsewhere, that matches addresses to URLs, then it should be possible to write a program to search that database for each address and fill in the matching URL. The matching won't be perfect, because humans will write down the address with variations ("Elm St" vs "Elm Street" vs "ELM STREET" vs "Eml Str" etc), but you should get some matches, at least—if such a database exists. But I know of no such database.

Or maybe I misunderstood your request...?

Back