• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Get Specific tables from CSV/Text tables into Excel using VBA

flow4real

I Would appreciate it if anyone can assist with a VBA code that can pull only specific sections from my attached CSV/Text document into an Excel sheet. I want to be able to determine the sections of the .txt file that enters my Excel sheet for Data Analysis purpose. Thank you.

Attachments

• sysmon_Apr200000.out.txt
    158.3 KB · Views: 5
In fact if you just want to choose the columns so a VBA code is very not necessary​
just using Excel basics like the From Text File feature in the Data menu …​

In fact if you just want to choose the columns so a VBA code is very not necessary​
just using Excel basics like the From Text File feature in the Data menu …​
This is a file that comes in everyday from a transaction batched process....for like a whole year and we need to be able to pull just the required data from the CSV into Excel for our daily analysis, so why the VBA is a requirement.

So well elaborate your need, explain your strategy …​
Or in case it's always the same columns to import so you can easily activate the Macro Recorder​
then operate manually in order to get your own code base.​
As your text file is not a CSV file but just a print file (like I saw 35 years ago) so it should be more efficient to ask for a better file format …​

yes...i noticed the file format...but i could easily download as .txt...put parsing specific areas and columns into excel is the bottleneck here for me.

Yes as any text file but a print format needs much more work than a specific data format like a CSV …​

Back