• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

finding difference between two cells

maniniinfotech
You seems only know terms: ask, need, want ...
Do You know that sentences which ends with ? are questions.
Normally questions means that someone is waiting answer. (This sentence is not a question.)
You have changes Your needs as many times as You have written ...
After I offer borders --- You didn't want borders --- after I offered as You wanted with those 'boxes' --- You changed You wants again ...
Sometimes, You wanted to use Conditional Formatting ... do You remember what happened?
Who know what would be You next need/want?
Do You know Yourself?
You have had many variations ... maybe there are still few more which You haven't asked/wanted ...

maniniinfotech
You seems only know terms: ask, need, want ...
Do You know that sentences which ends with ? are questions.
Normally questions means that someone is waiting answer. (This sentence is not a question.)
You have changes Your needs as many times as You have written ...
After I offer borders --- You didn't want borders --- after I offered as You wanted with those 'boxes' --- You changed You wants again ...
Sometimes, You wanted to use Conditional Formatting ... do You remember what happened?
Who know what would be You next need/want?
Do You know Yourself?
You have had many variations ... maybe there are still few more which You haven't asked/wanted ...

Am really sorry vletm kindly excuse me at this time because today I am seeing this mail please consider my apalogy

in the given attachment and sheet 5 i need to match both data as you were provided me earlier and dependents should be traced based on color
if try match the both sets then color been adding inside cell it should take the color for borders or shapes
i have uploaded the data which you have provided me and what i have done that is colour code and result
i don't know vba kindly teach me and help me please

Attachments

• Chandoo42378experiment and result1.xlsm
    165 KB · Views: 1
  • Chandoo42378find difference (Arr) (1).xlsm
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Chandoo42378find difference.xlsm
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
  • COLOUR CODE & RESULT (Autosaved).xlsx
    143.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-22 at 10.23.35 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-22 at 10.23.35 AM.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
maniniinfotech
You still continue same ...
... and You skip all others writings ...
Sheet3 with borders
Sheet4 with boxes

Attachments

• experiment and result1.xlsm
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
maniniinfotech
As I've tried to write 'few' times...
Sentences which the last mark is ? - are questions.
Those sentences are waiting for answers.
Other sentences should also read and after that You do not need to ask, want ... something which I have already written.

I cannot understand the colour coding required from either the workbook attached to msg#61 (the conditional formatting is all over the place) or from the picture. Not a hope.

The attached is vletm's file with additional sheets:
Sheet3 is vletm's original border-colouring solution
Sheet4 uses an adapted version of vletm's code but places shapes on each cell instead, keeping vletm's colour coding. You can compare the results on Sheet3 and Sheet4 easily.
Sheet5 is where I've taken out the extra rows since they're not needed for colouring anymore.

This means you'll be able to keep the conditional formatting for comparing two tables, and you no longer need the conditional formatting for the 4 cells around each number.

There's a little flexibility to adjust how the shapes are placed on the sheet:
1. The thickness of each line can be adjusted; in Module 1, macro blah, there's a line:
Thickness = Application.Min(.Width, .Height) * 0.2
The 0.2 here means 20% of the height or width of the cell, whichever is the smaller.
When the value is .05 (=5%) you get:
View attachment 62478

When it's 0.3 (=30%) you get:
View attachment 62479

2. You can move the shapes away from the edges of the cell to introduce a bit of (currently white) space between cells.
There's a line just below the one mentioned in (1.) above:
ofset = 0
When this has a value of zero, the shape goes right to the edge of the cell as in the pictures above.
When the value is 1 you get:
View attachment 62480

Each time the button is clicked, some 300 shapes get added to the sheet; if they're not removed before clicking the button again the numbers of shapes on a sheet can quickly get into the thousands, so there's another button to remove them.

HI P45CAL this will be the last thing i will be asking you kindly check the attachment
i did conditional formatting but both tables are not matching please provide me the solution

Attachments

• Chandoo42378experiment and result1.xlsm
    146.2 KB · Views: 4
Back