• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Date as text - can't change format

jutu

I have the below DAX for a dates range card. It's in text format and can't change it to the desired format.
The dates appear as 8/21/2023 when I would like it to appear as 21/08/2023. Can you please help? Many thanks

Dates Range = MIN('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate]) & " to " & MAX('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate])

Use Excel feature Text To Columns from Data menu in order to convert text to Excel date …​

Hi. Sorry but a bit confused since I am not using Excel but a DAX measure. I have now tried the below but it indicates that "Minimum count for the function is 2";
Dates Range = FORMAT(MIN('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate], "MM/DD/YYYY") & " to " & FORMAT(MAX('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate], "MM/DD/YYYY")

You are missing brackets for MIN and MAX.

Dates Range = FORMAT(MIN('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate]), "MM/DD/YYYY") & " to " & FORMAT(MAX('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate]), "MM/DD/YYYY")

Hi yes thank. I did try putting brackets too in different places but it brings the same error that min argument count for the function is 2.

Dates Range = FORMAT(MIN('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate]) & " to " &
FORMAT(MAX('Semantic FactCommunications'[LetterSentDate]), "MM/DD/YYY")

Use what Chihiro posted. You have now removed the second argument from the first FORMAT function.

Back