• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Add value on click event

Hi all,

please help me out here,

i have sheet where i have some value, i want to use a button to add value to another column location can i do that please suggest me

Regards

Nipendra

Nipendra

You might be able to do what you want without a Button or macro

eg: =If(A2=1,A3+A1,A3)

Which will add A1 to A3 if A2=1

Can you please be more specific about what your trying to achieve?

Hi Nipendra ,

When posting a problem , you are likely to get very specific answers that will immediately solve your problem , if you are equally specific ; if you can upload a workbook , and ask your question with reference to specific cells / columns / sheets , you will get a solution faster.

If you post a problem talking about "a sheet where I have some value" , "add value to another column" , I really doubt that the replies will be very specific ; a lot of questions will be asked , and time is likely to be spent.

Since you are already several posts old , I think you will understand.

Narayan

Thanks a lot Hui,Narayan

Actually i am working with vba and trying to achive something can't use the formula overhere

ok i am going to explain now.....

i have a sheet where i have some buttons to fetch the data from the database sheet then i want to add some spacify cell

value somewhere else in the same sheet so that i need to write some code to add these values--

example - if i have two buttons "value1",and "value2" i will click on the "value1" then i am getting values on the same sheet

in cell range "B1:B17",and have already a data list below which is in range "C20:C34".

i want to add some identifies value to below list from above range "B1:B17".

so that i am thinking about it, that it could be very helpful for me,

here i want only select the value or values from above range and then click on add button then it should be add in to below data range.

i think this is more understandable

Hi Nipendra ,

Firstly , since this forum does not have any provision to either upload files , or attach files to posts , what you can do is upload your file to any file-sharing website such as RapidShare , SpeedyShare , Hotfile , SkyDrive , GoogleDocs , DropBox , give others permission to access / download the file , and then post the access link here , in this same topic.

Secondly , if I have understood you correctly , you have two buttons labelled Value1 and Value2 ; you have also mentioned two ranges B1:B17 , which is 17 rows , and C20:C34 , which is 15 rows.

Now , you say that what you wish to do is to be able to select one or more values from the range B1:B17 , and then click on any of the two buttons Value1 and Value2 ; the selected value(s) should then be added to the second range C20:C34.

There is so much more to be understood that I cannot understand what kind of code can be developed , with whatever information is available :

1. What is Value1 supposed to do , and what is Value2 supposed to do ?

2. How are the selected value(s) to be added to the values in the range C20:C34 ? I can understand that if you select one value , that one value can be added to each of the 15 values in C20:C34 ; but suppose you select 3 values from the range B1:B17 ; how are these 3 values to be added to the range C20:C34 ?

I think the best way forward would be to upload your file , and then give an example of what you want to do , with reference to specific cells and buttons.

Narayan

thanks Narayan for your time,

and sorry to say that i cant upload the file due to some security reason.

i had done it with my self but i am little confuse with "for loop" here, i want to increase the number in front of the populated values.

I have a button --- like "button1" i will click on it then the first value will populate but i want number as well infront of the value it will come like

"Click button1" then comes "value1" and "seriel number 1"

"Click button1" then comes "value2" and "seriel number 2"

"Click button1" then comes "value3" and "seriel number 3"

i want to do like this with For Loop this is quite possible but i dont know why i am not able to do this rightnow please help me if you can

Regards

Nipendra

Hi Nipendra ,

I am sorry but I am not able to understand your requirement. I hope someone else , who can understand what you want , will help out.

Narayan

Back